Pages

Sunday, December 1, 2019

The Unfortunates by Kim Liggett





FEATURING⇢

⬥Chilling Horror Elements
⬥Suspense Thriller
⬥Caving
⬥YA (High School Seniors)
⬥Atonement
⬥A Short Read That Packs A Punch


LINK TO SYNOPSIS 
(AUTHOR'S WEBSITE)


MY RATING⇢ 4.5 STARS | GRADE A-



MY THOUGHTS


Once, I got a third of the way through this, I couldn't put it down.  The caving elements are so very compelling.  And Freaky.  Being trapped in a cave with no light in small claustrophobic-like spots...worse-nightmare-ever kind of stuff.

This is my second Kim Liggett book, the first being The Grace Year, which is one of my favs of 2019.  Her writing ensnares you.  She takes these implausible ideas and makes them imaginable, tangible even.  I totally recommend this for a quick, freaky-scary kind of read.



THE BREAKDOWN⇢  


Plot 4.3/5
Characters 5/5
The Feels 4.5/5
Pacing 4.5/5
Addictiveness 4.5/5
Theme or Tone 5/5
Flow (Writing Style) 5/5
Backdrop (World Building) 4.3/5
Originality 4.5/5
Ending 4.5/5
_____

Book Cover It's bloody fantastic.  Others have said that it doesn't go with the story...but I think it actually does.
Setting Crystal Falls Caves Near Richmond
Source Kindle eBook (Library)
eBook Length 224 Pages

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Latest Post

AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER