Pages

Tuesday, December 31, 2019

End of Year Post


16-20⇣



This book was in my top 20 last year...and this year I listened to the audio version, and I really love the world that Kristoff has created here...book #2 in the series is further down on this page.

⇼⇼⇼⇼⇼

#19 Long Live the Beautiful Hearts by Emma Scott 

I have loved every one of Emma Scott's books, for me, her books are low on the ever-present drama that Romance books are bogged down with.

⇼⇼⇼⇼⇼

#18 Dark Matter by Blake Crouch

This book was deviously clever without being over-saturated with scientific terms.  Blake Crouch has his own brand of trippy science fiction.

⇼⇼⇼⇼⇼

#17 Only Human by Sylvain Neuvel

The third book and final book of The Themis Files.  I have loved this series and I'm trying to patiently wait for someone to make this into a movie so everyone can experience it's awesomeness since there are so many who can't seem to read books.

⇼⇼⇼⇼⇼

#16 Star Wars: Most Wanted by Rae Carson

My first Star Wars Canon novel.  I loved it, and I'm planning on listening (because the experience on audio is amazing) to a lot more of them.

⇼⇼⇼⇼⇼


11-15⇣


#15 The Wicked King by Holly Black

I've read this entire series this past year and it was amazing.  Holly Black has become a new favorite author for sure.

⇼⇼⇼⇼⇼

#14 My Lovely Wife by Samantha Downing

This was fiendishly wicked and I devoured it in wicked time.  If you like psychological thrillers with a serial killer bent...then give this one a try

⇼⇼⇼⇼⇼

#13 Unraveling Oliver by Liz Nugent

This is more of a character study than a thriller, but it was so brilliant and so very twisted that I can't help but add it to my top 20.

⇼⇼⇼⇼⇼

#12 You by Caroline Kepnes

You is an experience, especially on Audio...if you like the TV show, then you should really give the book a listen because it's so much better.

⇼⇼⇼⇼⇼

#11 Here and Now and Then by Mike Chen

Another palatable science fiction story.  This one involves time travel and I found it a well written and heartfelt story.

⇼⇼⇼⇼⇼


6-10⇣



Book #2 in the Lifel1k3 series and they just keep getting better, I can't wait until book #3 comes out.  Truel1f3 comes out on June 30th, 2020.

⇼⇼⇼⇼⇼


A brilliantly written novel about revenge...the ending was fantastic.  This is chic-lit with finesse.

⇼⇼⇼⇼⇼

#8 Queen of Nothing by Holly Black

A delectable ending to a decadent series...Faetastic!

⇼⇼⇼⇼⇼

#7 The Wolves of Winter by Tyrell Johnson

I absolutely loved this book...now if the author could be convinced to turn it into a series, or at least a second book.  It was such a unique take on an apocalyptic world.

⇼⇼⇼⇼⇼

#6 Skyward by Brandon Sanderson

This first book in the Skyward Series was phenomenal, I was hooked from the beginning and it isn't a short book.  A sci-fi gem that takes place off-planet in a faraway future... 

⇼⇼⇼⇼⇼



1-5⇣




One of the last books that I listened to this year and easily one of the best.  So emotional and relateable...one of CoHo's best.

⇼⇼⇼⇼⇼


This book gutted me...grit-lit at its best. This is one book that's not to be missed...and it comes out in March of 2020.

⇼⇼⇼⇼⇼


This book shook me...at one point I literally threw my kindle down, I was so annoyed with one particular character.  But eventually, it really grabbed me and I couldn't put it down.  I have the audiobook on hold currently, so sometime this next year I'm going to listen to it...so, it could make my list next year too.

⇼⇼⇼⇼⇼


The best Audiobook of 2019, by far.  Phenomenal full-cast narration and the story really resonated with me.  Another one that's not to be missed.

⇼⇼⇼⇼⇼


I was blown away by this fantasy with a medieval feel to it.  So, so, so very good.  One of the best books ever.  I didn't think that I would like the narration because it's performed by one man (even the female pov's) and I was so wrong...because he rocked it.


These 20 books have one thing in common they are all...


A BookisObsession Favorite


of 2019!

Now...I'm ready for...


so bring on the books...

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Latest Post

AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER