Pages

Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Until The Day I Die by Emily Carpenter

FEATURING


Mystery
Mobil App Start-Up Company
Dealing With Grief
Thriller
Secluded Island in the Caribbean
Dual POV's
Audio Performed by Jess Nahikian, Kate Orsini, & Patrick Lawlor


LINK TO SYNOPSIS (AUTHOR'S WEBSITE)



MY RATING⇢ ☆2.3☆STARS - GRADE= D+



MY THOUGHTS


The Good:  First off that beautiful cover...it's quite splendid.  I also liked the App 'Jax' that was front and center in this, it seemed pretty cool.  A budgeting app and it even did your taxes for you.  I don't know how feasible it is...but hey. 

& The Rest:  From my featuring section above you can tell that this book has a lot going on...maybe that was part of the problem.  Too many characters to keep track of making it difficult to follow the story.  Added to that, the many elements, including the ending, that just didn't feel real or plausible to me and this was overall, a NO for me.

The narrators were decent enough...just as a personal preference, I don't think I like Kate Orsini, which is funny because when I looked her up, it turns out she narrates all of this Authors books.  I remember now, it was in Burying the Honeysuckle Girls that I decided I didn't like her.  Jess Nahikian was very pleasant...almost too pleasant.  I certainly would listen to her again, though, and Patrick Lawlor had such a small part that he didn't really matter overall.



THE BREAKDOWN⇢  


Plot 2.5/5
Narration Performance 3.5/5
Characters 2.8/5
The Feels 1/5
Pacing 2/5
Addictiveness 2.5/5
Theme or Tone 2.5/5
Flow (Writing Style) 2.2/5
Backdrop (World Building) 3/5
Originality 2.5/5
Ending 2/5 Cliffhanger well...
_____

Book Cover It's intriguing and beautiful...and it looks like a perfect spot to relax.
Setting Birmingham and Auburn AL.  Plus a secluded Island in the Caribbeans
Source KU Read & Listen 
Length 10 hours, 45 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Latest Post

AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER