Pages

Sunday, July 14, 2019

The Night Before by Wendy Walker



FEATURING⇢


 Internet Dating
A Many-Layered Mystery
Psychological Thriller
Suspenseful
Twisted & Twisty
With Audio Performed by Saskia Maarleveld & Gabra Zackman 

LINK TO SYNOPSIS (AUTHORS WEBSITE)





MY RATING⇢ ☆4.7☆STARS GRADE=A



MY THOUGHTS


I was totally wrapped up in this story.  On the outside, it's a story about internet dating...but on the inside, it's so......much......more.  I've now listened to three books by Wendy Walker and I've devoured all of them.  Her writing has a way of drawing you in.  She gives you just enough clues for you to draw some of the correct assumptions, but the solutions are never that simple, she always has a way to completely twist things and leave you reeling. 

The only thing that really brought this down for me was the audiobook narration.  I'm not sure, but I'm fairly certain it was Gabra Zackman's performance as the sister that I found fault with.  Her other voices, specifically the male ones were so nasally.  They just came off as ridiculous.  Despite that, I would still recommend the Audio for this.



THE BREAKDOWN⇢  


Plot 5/5
Narration Performance 4.3/5
Characters 4.7/5
The Feels 4.7/5
Pacing 5/5
Addictiveness 5/5
Theme or Tone 4.7/5
Flow (Writing Style) 4.5/5
Backdrop (World Building) 5/5
Originality 5/5
Ending 5/5
_____

Book Cover Hmmm...such an innocuous cover, masking the crazy inside it.
Setting Branston, CT
Source Audiobook (Library)
Length 8 hours, 43 minutes


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Latest Post

AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER