Pages

Sunday, January 13, 2019

Sugar & Gold by Emma Scott

Dreamcatcher Series #2


๏ ๏ ๏  Highlights ๏ ๏ ๏ 


Series can be read out of order
Adult Contemporary Romance
Sexually Explicit Scenes (possibly a few too many)
Splash of Supernatural Elements
One of my Favorite Authors

๏ ๏ ๏ Links ๏ ๏ ๏


Kindle eBook | Audiobook

Add to Goodreads | Add to Booklikes 



With Audiobook Narration Performed by Caitlin Kelly & Joe Arden


๏ ๏ ๏  My Review ๏ ๏ ๏

 

While not one of my favorite Emma Scott books, it still is one that I thoroughly enjoyed.  She has a way of making a story come to life with purpose, and her characters are always so genuine.  The supernatural elements of this were portrayed with that same genuineness, making them feel possible in real life.

I probably should have read this over listening, though, because sadly, the narration just didn't do it for me. Joe Arden didn't feel like the right fit for the Nikolaus...I think he made him sound older than he was supposed to be.  For Fiona, I believe Caitlin Kelley was the right fit, I just didn't like her male voices, way too gruff and fake-ish.  This is why I can't stress enough the importance of picking the right narrators for a story, and making sure they not only pronounce the names and places right but also give the characters the right modulation in the way you envisioned them to be.

๏ ๏ ๏  MY RATING ๏ ๏ ๏ 


4STARS - GRADE=B+



๏ Breakdown of Ratings ๏ 


Plot⇝ 4.2/5 
Narration Performance⇝ 3/5
Main Characters⇝ 4.3/5
Secondary Characters⇝ 4/5
The Feels⇝ 4/5
Pacing⇝ 4/5
Addictiveness⇝ 4/5
Theme or Tone⇝ 4/5
Flow (Writing Style)⇝ 3.8/5
Backdrop (World Building)⇝ 4.5/5
Originality⇝ 4/5
Ending⇝ 3.7/5 Cliffhanger⇝ Nope.
๏ ๏ ๏
Book Cover⇝  It's okay...ish
Setting⇝ Savannah
Source⇝ Audiobook (Scribd)
Series Continuation⇝ Yes, No, Maybe, or Probably
๏ ๏ ๏

Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.




No comments:

Post a Comment

My Latest Post

AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER