Pages

Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Most Memorable 2018

2018 has been a year of branching out for me...I've been reading less romance and more mysteries and thrillers and I even dabbled in some horror.  I've come to realize that what makes a romance story 5 stars, isn't necessarily what makes a psychological thriller 5 stars, and it's taking some getting used too.  I've not been able to really favor a mystery book yet, maybe I'll find it in 2019.  I'm going to break this down a little differently than I have before with my top 13.

MOST MIND-BLOWING



Verity by Colleen Hoover and Bad Mommy by Tarryn Fisher (now called I Can Be A Better You)


Kind of cool that these two Authors are two most mind-blowing.


BEST SCIENCE FICTION


    

LIFEL1K3 by Jay Kristoff, This Mortal Coil by Emily Suvada and Contagion by Erin Bowman


I loved all three of these...It seems that my favorite Science Fiction is also YA.



BEST NARRATION



Gemina and Obsidio by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff and Waking Gods by Sylvain Neuvel


I love full-cast narration...it's amazing.



BEST ROMANCE



The Simple Wild by KA Tucker

The setting is what set this apart from other romances...and KA Tucker's amazing writing.


BEST FANTASY




Kill the Queen by Jennifer Estep, Sky In The Deep by Adrienne Young and The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater

These three were my kind of fantasy...


BEST HORROR




Fantasticland by Mick Bockoven


One of the horror-if-ic books that I dabbled in this year.  This is one intense ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Latest Post

AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER