Pages

Saturday, January 19, 2019

Bright Ruin by Vic James

Book #3 in the Dark Gifts Trilogy 

๏ ๏ ๏ Highlights ๏ ๏ ๏


Alternate/Dystopian-ish Society
Magic
Fantastical Elements
Intrigue
Good Triumphing Over Evil
A Small Splish of Romance

๏ ๏ ๏ Links ๏ ๏ ๏

Kindle eBook | Audio

Add to Goodreads | Add to Booklikes 



Audiobook Narrated by Evita Jay


๏ ๏ ๏  My Thoughts ๏ ๏ ๏ 


What can I say...that was a satisfying ending to an intriguing series.  While I found the first book in this series hard to decipher with all the ginormous words that I never heard before being thrown around like everyday language,  I honestly didn't know if I would continue the series.  That is until I tried the Audio version with book #2.  With the easy to understand narration from Evita Jay, I found a way to like this sesquipedalian* writing style of Vic James.

The unique alternative slash dystopian-ish modern day British setting and the captivating characters...from the good to the bad and the completely unusual made this possible for me to really get into the story, despite being confused at times.  The ending was unexpected, but it completely worked.

*I totally looked that word up...and I think I used it correctly.

๏ ๏ ๏  MY RATING ๏ ๏ ๏ 


☆4.3☆STARS - GRADE=A-



๏ Breakdown of Ratings ๏ 

Plot⇝ 4.2/5
Narration Performance⇝ 4.3/5
Main Characters⇝ 4/5
Secondary Characters⇝ 4/5
The Feels⇝ 4/5
Pacing⇝ 4/5
Addictiveness⇝ 3.8/5
Theme or Tone⇝ 4/5
Flow (Writing Style)⇝ 3.8/5
Backdrop (World Building)⇝ 3.8/5
Originality⇝ 5/5
Ending⇝ 4.7/5 Cliffhanger⇝ Nah...
๏ ๏ ๏
Book Cover⇝  It's amazing...
Setting⇝ An Alternate Britain
Source⇝ Audiobook (Library)
๏ ๏ ๏

Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.




No comments:

Post a Comment

My Latest Post

AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER