Pages

Saturday, November 17, 2018

The Dark Descent of Elizabeth Frankenstein by Kiersten White

๏ ๏ ๏  Book Blurb ๏ ๏ ๏ 


Elizabeth Lavenza hasn't had a proper meal in weeks. Her thin arms are covered with bruises from her "caregiver," and she is on the verge of being thrown into the streets . . . until she is brought to the home of Victor Frankenstein, an unsmiling, solitary boy who has everything--except a friend.

Victor is her escape from misery. Elizabeth does everything she can to make herself indispensable--and it works. She is taken in by the Frankenstein family and rewarded with a warm bed, delicious food, and dresses of the finest silk. Soon she and Victor are inseparable.

But her new life comes at a price. As the years pass, Elizabeth's survival depends on managing Victor's dangerous temper and entertaining his every whim, no matter how depraved. Behind her blue eyes and sweet smile lies the calculating heart of a girl determined to stay alive no matter the cost . . . as the world she knows is consumed by darkness.


๏ ๏ ๏  My Review ๏ ๏ ๏ 


Full disclosure:  I don't necessarily know Mary Shelly's story of Frankenstein, I only know of movies and such depicting it.  Also, I'm not a fan of the Classics...

This is not a terrible story, or badly written...I just don't think it was my kind of story.  I couldn't connect with the characters or the story itself...but I know that others have.  It felt overwhelmingly depressing and it switched timelines constantly and I never knew where or what time we were in.  The latter could have been due to listening on audio, with not enough quiet space between each time period to differentiate between them.  Overall, I couldn't keep myself engaged in the story.  The only part I actually liked was the last 45 minutes of the story.

๏ ๏ ๏  MY RATING ๏ ๏ ๏ 


☆3.2☆STARS - GRADE=C+





๏ Breakdown of Ratings ๏ 

Plot⇝ 2.8/5
Main Charactes⇝3.2/5
Secondary Characters⇝3/5
The Feels⇝ 2.5/5
Pacing⇝ 2.8/5
Addictiveness⇝2.3/5
Theme or Tone⇝3.5/5
Flow (Writing Style)⇝3/5
Backdrop (World Building)⇝3.8/5
Originality⇝4/5
Ending⇝ 4/5 Cliffhanger⇝ Nope. 
๏ ๏ ๏
Book Cover⇝I love it! I wish I loved the story as much...
Narration⇝ Katherine McEwan, not too bad...
Setting⇝ Somewhere gloomy...or England
Source⇝ Audiobook (Library)
๏ ๏ ๏
Goodreads
Amazon
Booklikes






No comments:

Post a Comment

My Latest Post

AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER