Pages

Friday, December 21, 2018

Winter by Marissa Meyer

Bonus Feature:  The end of  the Audiobook has an illuminating interview between Rebecca Solar and Marissa Meyer


๏ ๏ ๏  Book Blurb ๏ ๏ ๏ 



Princess Winter is admired by the Lunar people for her grace and kindness, and despite the scars that mark her face, her beauty is said to be even more breathtaking than that of her stepmother, Queen Levana.


Winter despises her stepmother and knows Levana won't approve of her feelings for her childhood friend--the handsome palace guard, Jacin. But Winter isn't as weak as Levana believes her to be and she's been undermining her stepmother's wishes for years. Together with the cyborg mechanic, Cinder, and her allies, Winter might even have the power to launch a revolution and win a war that's been raging for far too long.




๏ ๏ ๏  My Review ๏ ๏ ๏ 


It took me forever to finish this series...and it's all because of this daunting book.  Seriously, this is like 23 hours long on Audio.  833 pages on kindle...but, hey I finally did it, and in December, no less, the busiest month all year long for me, and most everyone else.  Was it worth the 23 hours (technically more like 17 with the speed I listened on)  I spent on it...yeah, mostly.

While I liked Jacin fine, I wasn't especially fond of Winter, she has this naivety, almost child-like demeanor that kind of got on my nerves.  Thankfully, the story isn't always from her pov.  We have lots of different pov's in this final book of the quartet, not including Fairest and Stars Above...the novella's as MM calls them.  The ending of the climactic battle scene has a scene that had me thinking Cinder deserved to be dead for her blatant stupidity...but I can't say more, just in case someone out there hasn't read these books.  Overall, fav characters in this series will always be Carswell Thorne and Iko, but that seems to be the case with everyone.  If MM ever decides to do a spin-off series...I would love some adventures with Thorne...as long as Cress can grow a backbone, she can be involved too.


๏ ๏ ๏  MY RATING ๏ ๏ ๏ 

4.3STARS - GRADE=A-



๏ Breakdown of Ratings ๏ 

Plot⇝ 4.2/5
Main Characters⇝ 4.5/5
Secondary Characters⇝ 4.5/5
The Feels⇝ 5/5
Pacing⇝ 4/5
Addictiveness⇝ 4.5/5
Theme or Tone⇝ 5/5
Flow (Writing Style)⇝ 5/5
Backdrop (World Building)⇝ 5/5
Originality⇝ 5/5
Ending⇝ 4/5 Cliffhanger⇝ Nope.
๏ ๏ ๏
Book Cover⇝ It's cool...
Narration⇝ ☆4☆ for Rebecca Solar, I didn't always like all her voices in this series, but honestly in this book that bothered me the least because this is from so many different perspectives.
Series⇝ Lunar Chronicles #4
Setting⇝ Luna
Source⇝ Audiobook (Library)
๏ ๏ ๏
Goodreads
Amazon
Booklikes

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Latest Post

AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER